Hach's Easy Chemistry - Phosphorus
Phosphorus effluent concentrations are often controlled by discharge permits to limit addition of nutrients to the receiving body. Phosphate is removed via biological nutrient removal processes and/or chemical precipitation. Reactive (ortho) phosphate is the phosphorus form that is most available to biological species. Total Phosphate includes orth-, poly-, and organic forms.
Hach’s Phosphorus Methods
One-Button Analysis with DR Spectrophotometers
TNTplus™ technology works exclusively with the Hach DR Family of Spectrophotometers (DR 2800™, DR 3900™, and DR 6000™). The chemistry vials require no preparation or glassware and enable the spectrophotometer to automatically recognize the testing method, eliminating the need to pre-program or create calibration curves. No blank is required, further reducing expense.
How TNTplus™ Works
- Barcode Recognition: Simply drop in the vial and get results immediately with automatic method detection.
- Reference Detector: Monitors and compensates for optical fluctuations.
- 10X Measurement and Outlier Elimination: Dirty, scratched, or flawed glassware, including fingerprints, is no longer an issue—instrument averages 10 readings and rejects outliers.
- Self-Contained Packaging—Reagents Inside Sealed Cap: Reduces exposure to chemicals—no need to open pillows or clean glassware.
Bar-coded vials provide automatic method detection
- Bar-coded Vials—instrument automatically identifies test parameter, range and method
- New vial design with optically superior glassware, color-coded caps and flat bottom
- No blank necessary